8 big changes coming to agriculture by 2030
Last Monday, Iowa Farm Bureau’s Economic Summit included a speech outlining big coming changes to agriculture in the years ahead. Futurist Thomas Frey told Farm Bureau members his predictions at the summit on the Iowa State University campus in Ames.
Frey said those big changes include driverless vehicle for farming. He predicts that by 2030 we can expect to see the average farmer owning…
1. More than 1 drone
2. Driverless tractors, trucks, combines
3. Printed buildings (3D printing)
4. Packages delivered by drones
5. Farmers growing legal marijuana
6. Using vertical greenhouses for specialty crops — above and below ground crop production
7. Printed clothing
8. Farmers will be three times more educated than average farmer today.
Frey’s speech is just one of many from industry experts expected during the two-day event talking about farm policy and economic issues.
Article on ImpactLAB