€278 Million Available for Manufacturing Innovation
27. 10. 2015 | | www.effra.eu/
The European Commission has announced an ambitious investment in the latest ‘Factories of the Future’ call topics for 2016 and 2017. €278 million is being invested in these calls which will support research and innovation projects to realise the transformation of manufacturing in Europe.
‘Factories of the Future’ call 2016 is open and will run until 21 January 2016. Project proposals must be submitted by this date through the Horizon 2020 Participant Portal.
Call topic brokerage is already underway. Expressions of interest and potential project ideas have been posted on the EFFRA Innovation Portal (access is free). This online brokerage is open for both the 2016 and 2017 calls.
Call Topics 2016 (Open Now)
€ 77 million for the following topics:
- FoF-02-2016: Machinery and robot systems in dynamic shop floor environments using novel embedded cognitive functions
- FoF-03-2016: Zero-defect strategies at system level for multi-stage manufacturing in production lines
- FoF-04-2016: Continuous adaptation of work environments with changing levels of automation in evolving production systems
€ 53 million for the following topic:
- FoF-11-2016: Digital automation
€ 30 million for the following topic:
- FoF-13-2016: Photonics Laser-based production
Call Topics 2017 (Opens in 2016)
€ 85 million for the following topics:
- FoF-06-2017: New product functionalities through advanced surface manufacturing processes for mass production
- FoF-07-2017: Integration of unconventional technologies for multi-material processing into manufacturing systems
- FoF-08-2017: In-line measurement and control for micro-/nano-enabled high-volume manufacturing for enhanced reliability
- FoF-09-2017: Novel design and predictive maintenance technologies for increased operating life of production systems
- FoF-10-2017: New technologies and life cycle management for reconfigurable and reusable customised products
€ 33 million for the following topic:
- FoF-12-2017: ICT Innovation for Manufacturing SMEs (I4MS)